Terms and Conditions of Use
I am the sole owner of this website. All opinions stated here are my own and do not reflect those of any other individual, company, or organization. By accessing this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Understand that this website sometimes links to outside sources that have different privacy policies and may contain harmful links. This website’s policies do not apply to third-party websites linked here.
- Understand that I am not an audiobook or promotional expert of any kind. This website may contain inaccuracies or errors in information. Attempts will be made to correct such errors upon notice.
- I reserve the right to all moderate comments submitted to The Audiobookworm and reject those I deem inappropriate, at my own discretion.
- I am not liable for any damages to you or your property caused by the use of this website.
- I am not responsible for comments made by parties other than myself, including those in guest posts, comment sections, or testimonials.
As a resident of the state of North Carolina, North Carolina state laws govern the operation of this website.
Company Affiliate Links
I’m passionate about audiobooks and get so much personal fulfillment from running The Audiobookworm. The idea that I could possibly help someone find that same joy in audiobooks is what makes me login each morning.
Unfortunately, passion, personal fulfillment, and joy aren’t currencies that my webmaster will accept. As you may or may not know (and as I recently discovered), running a blog can get rather expensive. Although I pride myself on being both frugal and resourceful, there are still semi-substantial costs associated with the upkeep of The Audiobookworm, especially for a graduate student. I would tremendously appreciate if you would consider using my affiliate links to make purchases you may already be intending to make.
A company affiliate link is a type of link that lets me earn a small commission (4-5%) or other type of perks* via sales made through it.
The Audiobookworm is currently affiliated with Amazon (and Audible.com, by association), Audiobooks.com, Audiobooks Now and The Book Depository.
Amazon is the parent company of Audible. Amazon offers several different formats of books (including paperback, hardback, audiobook CD and Audible digital download). All of these formats can be purchased through one of my Amazon affiliate links. Audible memberships can also be purchased through my links.
Audiobooks.com is a subscription service that offers digitally downloadable audiobooks for a flat monthly rate.
Audiobooks Nows offers deep discounts to those in its $5/mo. membership club. No credits necessary.
The Book Depository offers free worldwide shipping (as well as a free 3-day shipping to anywhere in the UK). Hardback, paperback, and audiobook CD formats can be purchased through them.
*The 2-Month Free Trial link for Scribd in the left sidebar and on the Goodies and Giveaways page is a referral link, available to everyone with a Scribd account. Although I’m not technically affiliated with Scribd, I receive one month free for every two months received by someone clicking the link.
By clicking one of my links to get to a company I am affiliated with, it’s like I am basically referring you to that company. As a result, I will get a small commission on any purchase you make during that visit. I will be including relevant links and banners (as seen above) to my company affiliate websites in posts and around The Audiobookworm.
If you are interested in purchasing a book/audiobook that I have reviewed, please consider using the links I provide at the bottom of my review posts or otherwise around the site to make your purchase. I will receive a very small commission from each purchase made using one of my company affiliate links and that will work towards offsetting my blog-related expenses. If this works out well enough, I hope to be able to further enhance this site and make it the best it can possibly be!
If you have any questions concerning company affiliate links and how you can help out The Audiobookworm, do not hesitate to ask.
I thank you kindly for your support!
Like many book bloggers, I am sometimes asked by authors, narrators, and publishers to review particular titles. I choose to accept certain requests largely in effort to progress the reach of the audiobook format and those in the audiobook industry. In return, I am provided with courtesy copies of those audiobooks. However, my acceptance of courtesy copies does not influence my review of them. Such reviews are tagged as “Sponsored” (meaning they were gifted to me) and a brief disclosure statement is included at the end of each sponsored post telling you from whom it was gifted.
I do not receive monetary compensation for reviews. Posts pertaining to Audiobookworm Promotions are marked as such in the byline and do not influence my reviews. The following policy covers The Audiobookworm’s and Audiobookworm Promotions’ posts.
This policy is valid from 11 September 2016
This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The compensation received via Audobookworm Promotions may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post will be clearly identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though I receive compensation for certain promotional posts or advertisements, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does contain content which might present a conflict of interest. This content will always be identified.
What does The Audiobookworm do with your personal information?
Federal law requires me to tell you how I collect, use, share, and protect your personal information. Federal law also limits how I can use your personal information. Protecting the privacy and security of consumers’ personal information is very important to me. Please read this notice carefully to understand what I do with the personal information I collect both online and offline. Although I cannot guarantee confidentiality, I take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
When you contact me to ask a question or request a service, any personal information you provide is voluntary. I collect and use only the minimum information necessary to respond to your concerns and questions. In most cases, I collect limited personal information, such as name or email address.
When you contact me to place an order via Audiobookworm Promotions, you are making voluntary disclosure of your personal information. I collect and use this information only to provide the products you ordered or to deliver the services you requested, tailored to your needs. I use third party services to collect personal financial information and do not see or store such information outside these services.
When do I collect personal information?
When you contact me…
- With questions or comments in the contact form.
- When you comment on a post directly on the website.
- To request more information, schedule a telephone call, or sign up to the newsletter.
- To place an order for products or services.
- To receive your product or services.
When I contact you…
- To provide the goods and services you requested.
- To request occasional feedback.
- To provide news, updates, and offers through the newsletter, usually by email.
When I contact others…
- I may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow me to complete your order.
- I may see certain personal information from third party apps and services that allow me to monitor website traffic, email conversion, and other analytics data.
Where does your information go?
Within The Audiobookworm…
- I use your personal information to contact you regarding offers, to provide news and updates that you have requested, and to complete your product or services orders.
- Certain personal information will be used internally for accounting purposes.
And outside The Audiobookworm…
- I use the following third party apps and services to facilitate my business by delivering orders, sending newsletters, accounting, and tracking analytics data for business purposes:
- Google Analytics: Specifically, Google Analytics collects data about visitors to the Site via Google advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers, in addition to other data which may be collected through a standard Google Analytics implementation. I do not merge personally-identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google advertising product or feature. Should you wish to opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising features, you are encouraged to change your Ad Settings and Ad Setting for mobile apps, through the NAI’s consumer opt-out, or by using any of the other opt-out options currently available: currently available opt-outs.
- Facebook pixels. More information is available here.
- Mailchimp. More information is available here.
- Paypal. More information is available here.
And rarely, to law enforcement…
- I provide information to businesses or individuals in response to lawful court orders, subpoenas, or to resolve complaints.
Additional Privacy-related Information
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect information about the pages you view and your activities on the site. They enable the site to recognize you by, for example, remembering your user name, offering a shopping cart, or keeping track of your preferences if you visit the site again. The cookie transmits this information back to the website’s computer (or server) which generally is the only computer that can read it. You can set your Web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer, or to limit the type of cookies you allow. See also more information on how to change cookies settings in popular desktop browsers.
- This site uses single and multi-session cookies to enhance the visitor experience. Use the link above to opt out.
Replication of written content:
- All replicated content must include a working link back to the original source on The Audiobookworm. If you cannot locate the source, contact me.
- Written content in excess of 100 words will not be replicated without explicit permission.
- Replicated content must remain unchanged from the original source.
- Any exceptions to the above statements must be cleared with me before replication.
I’m not opposed to allowing my reviews to be partially replicated in accordance with the above statements. I take plagiarism very seriously and will not hesitate to take action against violations of this policy.
To be clear: You can replicate my written content only if 1) it is linked back to the original post, 2) it is under 100 words, and 3) it is unchanged. You can do all of this without additional permission from me. Anything out of line with these three things requires you to contact me for explicit permission.
Replication of image content:
- Replication of any image content requires expressed permission from me. Contact me if you would like to reproduce any of the images designed by me and found on this website.
I consider these images protected under copyright law (the Digital Millennium Copyright Act) and will not hesitate to take action against violations of this policy. Before putting either of us through that, please consider how it would really be so much simpler just to contact me.
If you become aware of an instance in which you believe my intellectual property has been used without my consent, please let me know. Likewise, if you believe I have infringed upon your copyright, please contact me immediately.
- No purchase is required to enter any giveaway on The Audiobookworm.
- Digital giveaways are open internationally, with some exceptions (if global restrictions apply). Exceptions will always be disclosed.
- Giveaways for physical prizes are only open to U.S. residents, unless otherwise indicated.
- Participants must be over age 18 or have parental permission to enter.
It is the sole responsibility of participants under 18 to obtain parental permission.
- No giveaway blogs permitted to enter.
- There will be one randomly selected winner, unless otherwise indicated.
- Winner(s) determined by random selection via giveaway widget (Rafflecopter or Gleam).
- Odds of winning determined by total number of entrants.
- By entering, you grant the right to publicize your name and likeness (avatar) in the event of winning.
- The winner will be notified on the giveaway’s end date and must respond within 3 days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be randomly selected.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
These policies are subject to change as I see fit. Updated September, 2016.