Types of Promotional Affiliates (Event Hosts)
What’s a promotional affiliate?
A promotional affiliate is anyone who hosts events with Audiobookworm Promotions. There are a few sub-types of affiliate roles available:
Promotional Affiliate: The broad term used here to describe someone who works in conjunction with Audiobookworm Promotions to promote audiobooks.
Review Affiliate: A type of event host who promotes audiobooks through reviews alone. A social media presence (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) is not required, nor is owning a blog. The only requirement is that you agree to post reviews, preferably on as many review websites as possible*. Review hosts are not obligated to participate in any other type of event and do not need a blog.
* as long as crossposting a promotional review doesn’t violate the terms of that particular site.
Social Media Affiliate: A type of event host who uses multiple social media platforms to promote audiobooks in conjunction with Audiobookworm Promotions. Social media hosts mainly partake in non-review events and do not have to have a blog, but do you need an active social media presence.
Book Club Affiliate: There are several online book clubs for audiobook listeners. Most are on Goodreads and Facebook. Book club insiders promote and review audiobooks received through The Audiobookworm in those groups. Keep in mind that all book club insiders must abide by the rules of each book club regarding promotions. If you’re not sure of the book club’s rules, ask the admin. Book club insiders are not required to have a blog or social media, but are required to be a member of at least one online audiobook club/group. This type of affiliation can be combined with the role of review host.
Blog Tour Affiliate: Someone who is up for anything. Blog tour hosts must be willing to host authors and narrators on their own blogs and participate in a mixture of promotions, including reviews, interviews, giveaways, guest posts, spotlights, and more. An active social media presence isn’t required, but would make your involvement much more successful. This is the only type of hosting for which a blogging platform is required.
If you can’t decide which type of affiliate you would like to be, I suggest choosing all of them so you never miss out on an opportunity! You can always change your selection in the future.
Types of Promotional Features
There are a number of various promotions and features that you can take part in and many more will be added in the future. A set of features is used to make up an event. As of right now, the available features are:
- Reviews (audio copies will be provided)*
- Release Date Announcements
- Narrator Reveals
- Giveaways (also provided)
- Audio Excerpts
- Guest Posts
- Interviews (Author, Narrator, Character)
- Dream Casts
- Coordinated Playlists
- Twitter Chats
- Social Media Promotions
- Google+ Events
- Facebook Events and Parties
- + Your ideas!
New tours and promotional opportunities will be posted on The Audiobookworm and emailed to event hosts.
Perks of Promoting
Becoming an event host with Audiobookworm Promotions is a great opportunity to receive easy exposure for your blog and reviews. Each time you host an event, your name (or blog name) will be out there in the right circles.
After each blog tour, participating hosts will have the opportunity to enter in a giveaway for items such as Amazon gift cards, audiobooks of your choice, and subscriptions to various audiobook services. Reviewers will, of course, also be receiving free audiobooks. Need I say more?
The number one requirement for becoming an event host with Audiobookworm Promotions is enthusiasm! This can be expressed in any number of ways, as long as you are excited to be promoting audiobooks!
The second most important thing an event host needs to be is dependable. Authors, narrators, and publishers will be depending on you to bring your A-game. If you sign up for a promotion, please deliver. Remember that I’m always here to support you. This is a team effort.
If you cannot post the promotion on the designated day, please let me know as soon as possible (preferably at least a week in advance). I find that using calendars and planners–either electronic or paper– greatly decreases my amount of stress and helps me stay organized.
IMPORTANT: Book readers welcome too! You do not have to be an exclusive audiobook listener/ blogger/reviewer to become an event host with Audiobookworm Promotions. You only have to be willing to accept audiobooks for review and/or promotion. You will only receive audiobook review/promotion opportunities from Audiobookworm Promotions, not book or eBook.
Having a blog is not a requirement, but it is preferred for maximum participation. There are a few types of events that can be carried out via social media. If you don’t have a blog, don’t sweat it. Just make sure I am aware that you won’t be posting to a blog.
There are also a few guidelines event hosts will be expected to follow:
• For reviews: You must review the narration and sound quality of the audiobook, in addition to the story. I can give you pointers if you’ve never done this before.
• For reviews: Be polite in your criticisms. They’re more effective that way. And remember, you are talking about an actual person’s hard work. Honesty doesn’t mean you have to be unnecessarily harsh. There’s always a nicer way to say the same thing.
• For reviews: If you rate and audiobook under 3.5 stars*, don’t post it during an event. Contact me a few days before it is supposed to be posted and we can arrange for another promotional post to be done. * The preferred star rating may vary depending on the author or narrator (I’ll let you know if it does).
• For promotions: Promote! Promote! Promote! Social media can be a beautiful thing. I’m not concerned with the number of followers you have right now and you shouldn’t be either. What you should focus on is the number of followers you could have. Events are an incredible way to connect with quality followers (not spambots who falsely inflate your numbers). I’ll be supporting you on social media and so will those being promoted.
• For reviews and promotions: Reviews and promotions should be posted by 10am EST on the scheduled day. Most blogs have automatic scheduling features, so it would be wise to use them. West coast, I’m talking to you!
• For reviews and promotions: Interview questions and guest post topics should be sent to me for approval at least 2 weeks before the scheduled posting date. Email me if you need help coming up with questions or topics (or just want something proofread). Remember that questions and topics should directly pertain to the audiobook being promoted, unless otherwise advised.
Want to give it a try?
If you’re already sold on the idea of becoming an event host with Audiobookworm Promotions, you can sign up here. If you need more information before signing up, feel free to e-mail me with questions or concerns at jesstheaudiobookworm@gmail(dot)com.
*Details and additional information will be included on this page as necessary.